Prepare time: 30 mins
Cook: 35 mins
Serves: 6 Persons
- 1 kg chicken skinned and cut into 8 to 10 pieces
- 1 cup coconut-fresh, grated
- 1/2 Tbsp green, chilli-chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 whole red chillies-broken into half
- 3 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp tamarind thick pulp
- Kokam pulp
- 1 cup coconut milk-light
- Coriander leaves for garnish
Direction For Chicken Curry with Coconut
- Place the coconut in a pan and dry roast.
- Grind to a paste along with the green chillies.
- Put the oil and whole red chillies in a dish and cook covered at high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste cook for 3 mins and then add the chicken.
- Cook covered at medium heat for 10 minutes, keep stirring.
- Add the coconut paste, chilli powder, turmeric, salt and 1 cup hot water.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add tamarind ,kokam and coconut milk, cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Adjust consistency of the gravy by cooking without lid.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander leaves.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.