- ½ kg Chicken (cut into small pieces)
- 3 teaspoon Lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 7 Dry red chilli
- 2 tablespoons Corrainder/dhania seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoons Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoons Black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons Split roasted gram
- 5 teaspoons Dry coconut flakes
- 2 small sticks Cinnamon (1/2 inch)
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Mace 2 petals
- Nutmeg powder 1/8 the of teaspoon grated
- 1 Star anise (3 petals)
- 1 Bay leaves medium size
- 2 piece Black stone flower
- 2 cups Onion finely chopped, preferably baby shallots
- 1 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Green chilli (big)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger& Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves
- 15 Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Oil
- 1/3 cup Water
Directions For Chicken Chettinad With Gravy
- Marinate chicken with turmeric powder, salt and lime juice for at least 1hour.
- Grind all the dry masalas to make a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf and black stone flower. Cook for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions, green chillies and ginger garlic paste cook until golden brown.
- Add marinated chicken and cook with onion mixture until thoroughly cooked and browned.
- Add chopped tomatoes along with red chilli powder, ground masala powder (Just add 3/4 of the masala powder and check the taste, if it’s not too strong for your taste, then add the rest) and salt. Cover and cook over low flame for 10 minutes.
- When the masala turns brown add water and cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander & curry leaves.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.